Sri Somnatheswar Ashram. This Ashram Temple residing at North-East direction from Salem Railway Station. The Ashram 20 Kms away from Salem Railway Station. This Ashram was established by Sri. Subramanya Swami. He born in Sourashtra family. His surname is Boosi. He got Deeksha from Sri. Ramana maharishi of Tiruvannamalai.
By 1904 he established the Ashram. He built a Temple of Somnath at his Ashram site situated at Naama Malai, Sivan Karadu. The first Kumbaabishekam held on 9-5-1951. The date fixed because, which India's Union Ministor Sardar VallabhBhai patel's proposal of Lord Somnath Temple at Sourashtra shore of North india kumbabishekam held on the same date. Two other representative of sourashtra people attended the North India's Lord somnath temple kumbaabishakam. For Salem temple's Kumbabishekam, The Governor of Tamil Nadu of that time Mr. P. Govindan Nair is invited. He gave wishes to the Salem Somnath temple.
The Second Kumbabishekan held on 14-7-2006. So many sourashtra people participated on that ceremoney.